Crash Course 10 - Compilation of Java actions failed

Hello ! I’m on crash course, module 10. When it comes to creating chart i have some troubles. Studio pro v 9.0.5 Latest version of OQL Latest version of Community commons. Here’s my issue, it seems that the CSV module is broken or missing. I change the app name to set it without space character in case of, and clear directory, but nothing works…   Any idea?   Buildfile: C:\Users\k.galerne\OneDrive - Accenture\Documents\Mendix\SummerHillHospital-main\deployment\build_core.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 181 source files to C:\Users\k.galerne\OneDrive - Accenture\Documents\Mendix\SummerHillHospital-main\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Users\k.galerne\OneDrive - Accenture\Documents\Mendix\SummerHillHospital-main\javasource\oql\actions\ExportOQLToCSV.java:34: error: package com.opencsv does not exist [javac] import com.opencsv.CSVWriter; [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\k.galerne\OneDrive - Accenture\Documents\Mendix\SummerHillHospital-main\javasource\communitycommons\Misc.java:595: warning: [dep-ann] deprecated item is not annotated with @Deprecated [javac] public static boolean objectsAreEqual(Object left, Object right) { [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\k.galerne\OneDrive - Accenture\Documents\Mendix\SummerHillHospital-main\javasource\oql\actions\ExportOQLToCSV.java:85: error: cannot find symbol [javac] CSVWriter writer = new CSVWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(os), [javac] ^ [javac] symbol: class CSVWriter [javac] location: class ExportOQLToCSV [javac] C:\Users\k.galerne\OneDrive - Accenture\Documents\Mendix\SummerHillHospital-main\javasource\oql\actions\ExportOQLToCSV.java:85: error: cannot find symbol [javac] CSVWriter writer = new CSVWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(os), [javac] ^ [javac] symbol: class CSVWriter [javac] location: class ExportOQLToCSV [javac] C:\Users\k.galerne\OneDrive - Accenture\Documents\Mendix\SummerHillHospital-main\javasource\oql\actions\ExportOQLToCSV.java:87: error: cannot find symbol [javac] this.quoteChar != null ? this.quoteChar.charAt(0) : CSVWriter.NO_QUOTE_CHARACTER, [javac] ^ [javac] symbol: variable CSVWriter [javac] location: class ExportOQLToCSV [javac] C:\Users\k.galerne\OneDrive - Accenture\Documents\Mendix\SummerHillHospital-main\javasource\oql\actions\ExportOQLToCSV.java:88: error: cannot find symbol [javac] this.escapeChar != null ? this.escapeChar.charAt(0) : CSVWriter.NO_ESCAPE_CHARACTER, [javac] ^ [javac] symbol: variable CSVWriter [javac] location: class ExportOQLToCSV [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] 5 errors [javac] 1 warning BUILD FAILED C:\Users\k.galerne\OneDrive - Accenture\Documents\Mendix\SummerHillHospital-main\deployment\build_core.xml:29: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 2 seconds  
asked
7 answers

The opencsv-4.1.jar seems to have been omitted from the release in the App Store. If you download it from the github project and drop it into your project’s userlib directory, that should fix the problem.

https://github.com/ArjenLammers/oqlmodule/tree/master/userlib

Good luck!

answered

Doublecheck if you have the latest version of the OQL module. Two days ago a new one has been released, version 2.5.0.

*Edited* Try Robert’s solution. Good chance that is solves this problem

answered

I do, it’s still not working..

answered

Please keep in mind you need to clean your deployment folder if you replace any of the jars in Userlib – if you’ve updated to a new version of a jar, just by alphabetical order – the JVM might still use the older version in de deployment folder (deployment\model\lib\userlib). Not use if this is still the case in Mendix 9, but worth checking.

Additionally – the ExcelExporter module uses OpenCSV 5.3 – where the c0nstruct0r method(cannot seem to write c0nstruct0r as the word gets removed from the sentence by an overeager sanitization..) has changed.      

answered

Hi

Kevin Garlen
I was facing the same issue. You just need to download the opencsv.jar file and to keep that file inside your projects userlib folder and it is done. It helped me, I hope you will resolve your issue to.

answered

Thank you, I had the same issue. The Robert solution worked. Also I applied the Nick solution.

answered

Thanks a lot ! 

answered