Rapid Developer - Module 10 - going mobile - no option to install on mobile device.

Hi, I’m trying to complete module 10 – Going Mobile in the Rapid Developer training.  Step 8 under publish says “Click the bar that appears at the bottom, the one offering to install the app on your home screen. This will allow your app to run even if there is no internet connection.”  I don’t see any bar at the bottom of the screen on the mobile device (Apple iPhone 12 Pro) to install the app.  Also, if I log in as demo_trainee, I don’t see the widgets for the maps, navigation or sharing.  I’ve been through the module twice and can’t find any issues.  Thanks, Jim
asked
2 answers

Hi Jim, I'm not familiar with the particular module, but I assume you're talking about a PWA. Apple does not support PWA's, so there would be no prompt to install your app on the home screen. The only browsers that do support this currently are Chromium-based, such as Chrome and Edge.

answered

Hi Jim,

You can use the option of “View on your device”. Under the view app menu.  There are two tabs there, one for phone browser, which will open the App in Safari and second for Native Mobile App, where you need to download “Mendix Native Mobile App” and your app will open within that. 

answered