Cant find data context of the page

So, In Learning Path Create an App with Advanced Page Building, somewhere around 2.3.4 Build the Detail Pages – Create the New Page it says “Note: The data context of the page needs to be for the AccountPasswordData entity. Otherwise, you won’t be able to enter the password on the page.”  M’Kay, Mendix, cool. But how do I do that? I’ve spent over an hour – again – looking for something I simply can’t seem to find. I am trying to realize this app in the Mendix Modeler version 7.22.2, since I already got stuck early on when trying to make it in the latest studio pro version, becauseI was required to use a template you cannot find in the newer versions. I came across the template when making an app in another learning path that stated it was better to make it in that version. So maybe it’s another version-bound problem. I am sure I have come across “data context”, can’t remember specifically for pages, can’t rtemember where. Thank you so much for any answer guys, would be very much appreciated.
asked
2 answers

Hi Bart

I just checked and its clarified in the image below in the learning path (here I copied the part you mentioned and highlighted in in yellow):

So you can drag and drop a ‘Data view’ and select your entity AccountPasswordData when double clicking on the drag-and-drop’ed dataview in the section ‘Data source’, type: Context, Entity.

Hope this solves your issue.

Kind regards,

Leander

answered

Hi Bart

A page can have a “page parameter” by dragging and dropping your entity in the dataview that’s located on the page. Or, you can retrieve your entity in the dataview/datagrid/listview via a Microflow. If you can specify the specific topic on the specific learning path, I’m happy to take a look for you.

Kind regards,

Leander

answered