Learning Path: Mendix for Private Cloud - error with kubectl

I'm trying to follow the Advanced Learning Path ‘Mendix for the Private Cloud’. I've been following the instructions to set up Microk8s (which is no picknick) but when I try to run the installation in Powershell I get the following error message:  Error: failed to access cluster: unable to locate 'kubectl’ binary: exec:  “kubectl”: executable file not found in %PATH% I've tinkered around with it quite a bit and checked and rechecked all my settings. The kubetcl.exe file is in the C:\Users\UserName\Documents directory. I filled in ‘C:\Users\UserName\Documents\kubectl’ in my system environment variables. Any ideas are welcome.
asked
3 answers

I know this is an old thread but I believe I have the answer here: your env variable is supposed to be the directory NOT including the file name itself.

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\kubectl = incorrect

C:\Users\UserName\Documents = correct

answered

Just a guess: got the right rights? Will it help to run powershell ‘as administrator’?

answered

Easiest is to just copy the kubectl executable to a directory currently known in PATH. In my case:

C:\Users\xcheng>echo %PATH%
C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\xcheng\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

so copy kubectl.exe to C:\Windows\

Or you can add the directory of which your kubectl is located to PATH: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm 

answered