Localhost denied me access when trying to open an URL

Good day,   I was doing the learning path of Importing and Exporting Your Data. At excercise 5.3.1 Create JSON Structure you have to follow this URL: http://localhost:8079/rest-doc/rest/restproducts/v1   Unfortunately, I get some message saying that the Localhost has refused the connection. I suspect it has something to do with certain Firewall settings, but I wouldn't really know what to do.   Can someone help me with this?
asked
4 answers

check any another app should not be runned on same port. 

terminate another apps and try to change port 

answered

Hi Arjan,

please check your local port number and admin port number if the two application running in same port change your current application port number and then try and clean the dep dir and run once.

answered

If another app is already occupying the port, here is how to find and kill it:

netstat -ano | findstr ':8079' -> will show a list with last column being the PIDnr
taskkill /F /PID <PIDnr>       -> will kill the process having number <PIDnr>

answered

Hi, you have 2 options: 

1. Change your port number;

1. Kill the process that's already occupying port 8079 on your pc:

Step 1:

Open up cmd.exe (note: you may need to run it as an administrator, but this isn't always necessary), then run the below command:

netstat -ano | findstr :<PORT>

(Replace <PORT> with the port number you want, but keep the colon)

The area circled in red shows the PID (process identifier). Locate the PID of the process that's using the port you want.

Step 2:

Next, run the following command:

taskkill /PID <PID> /F

(No colon this time)

Lastly, you can check whether the operation succeeded or not by re-running the command in "Step 1". If it was successful you shouldn't see any more search results for that port number.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Leander

answered