Mendix Academy: Constrain Your Data Using XPath - 4.7 Additional Challenges

Hi Mendix community,   I have a question related to a course I’m following on Mendix Academy ‘Constrain Your Data Using XPath - 4.7 Additional Challenges’. I’m currently working on the second additional exercise: ‘ Add a reporting page where Administrators can see a list of all Accounts that have never made a vacation request. ’ To achieve this, I’m trying to work via a microflow where I list all the accounts and loop through the vacation request to see whether the account is known as a submitter. At the end, I would like to display this information in a simple list view.   The problem: I try to generate an empty list and within the loop statement, I would like to change the list: add the account who never submitted a vacation request to the list. I’m currently not able to perform my first action: generate an empty list (I need to select an entity...)   Screenshot of my current microflow:   Any suggestions?   Regards, Jelle
asked
3 answers

The Entity defines the List elements type. It’s created empty, you can add object of the same type in the loop.

answered

Hi,

In order to create an empty list, describe the list of which type by selecting the entity.If you are going to add the account then it should be Account entity .

answered

Hi,

You need to create an empty list of type Account entity. Then you can choose this list for add to list  activity and set $IteratorAccount.

answered