Academy: Constrain Your Data Using XPath, 4.2.1

Hi! Hello! I'm having trouble with an assignment in the Academy. In chapter 4.2.1 I should test the application. I added the appropriate user accounts as Admin, logged out correctly, but after logging in to the User (Employee) account, when I want to submit request, I have no way to do it. Clicking on the 'New' button gives me the error 'No selection available.' I thought for a moment that maybe my application is buggy, that I missed something in the process, so I downloaded the prepared files (chapter 4.1) and started from them, and I still don't know how to get through the tests. As if some functionality was not properly hooked up. Maybe you had a similar problem? Maybe I did something wrong? I will be grateful for your help. Regards, Martin
asked
1 answers

Hi Martin,

There is an error in the ACT_VacationRequest_Create flow that is provided in the downloadable package.

The flow is expecting a VacationRequest parameter, but that doesn’t make sense since you create a new one. That’s why the message “No selection available” occurs because the flow expects that you select a line in the data grid to pass that object to the flow.

To fix it, simply delete the parameter VactionRequest in this flow, so that you can create new VacationRequests.

answered