Run app locally failed (Error: Complilation of java actions failed)

Hello folk,  I was doing learning path : Constrain Your Data Using Advanced XPath, after I downloaded app from the resources provide and run the app and I got this errors: Complilation of java actions failed. Anyone know any solution for this ? Please help me, thanks in advance.  Details from the errors: D:\Mendix Projects\XPATH\javasource\databasereplication\actions\ImportActivitySet.java:50: error: cannot find symbol            context.rollbackTransAction();                   ^  symbol:   method rollbackTransAction()  location: variable context of type IContextD:\Mendix Projects\XPATH\javasource\databasereplication\implementation\DatabaseDataManager.java:193: error: cannot find symbol                        this.settings.getContext().rollbackTransAction();                                                  ^  symbol:   method rollbackTransAction()  location: interface IContextNote: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.2 errors FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong:Execution failed for task ':compile'.> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details. * Try:> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.> Run with --debug option to get more log output.> Run with --scan to get full insights. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 2s
asked
1 answers

Hi Nguyen,

The Learning Path is designed to work in an older version of Mendix as stated in the Welcome page.

image.png

You can download the version via https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/studiopro/9.12.4 

I tested it there and it will run. Upgrading and running in Mx 10.3.1 will cause this error (deprecated API)

The Mendix Academy content creators are continuously updating the learning paths making sure they will use more recent (either MTS/LTS or 'latest') versions, but it is not sure when they will be able to work on this specific one. So I would recommend following the LP in the suggested Mx version.

answered