Path too long?

Hi, I am too having some issues with the file path on my Windows computer. I've tried doing what Elliot has suggested but I haven't had the best of luck. Can someone who has used the 10.0.0 version help me? Also, I'm trying to do this for my module 3 app section for the "Become a Rapid Developer" lessons.   Error message: LibGit2Sharp.LibGit2SharpException: path too long: 'C:/Users/16176/OneDrive - Worcester Polytechnic Institute (wpi.edu)/Documents/Mendix/LearnNow Training Management-main_4/javascriptsource/nanoflowcommons/actions/node_modules/@react-native-community/async-storage/macos/RNCAsyncStorage.xcodeproj/xcshareddata/xcschemes/RNCAsyncStorage-macOS.xcscheme'    at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Ensure.HandleError(Int32 result)    at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Proxy.git_checkout_tree(RepositoryHandle repo, ObjectId treeId, GitCheckoutOpts& opts)
asked
2 answers

Hello Florkenthia,

I do not know what Elliot suggested, but is it possible for you to open your windows navigator and move the mendix folder or the application folder to your C:/Users/16176 folder and try to open it again. If this does not work you can try to create a new application with a shorter name then LearnNow Training Management something like LNTM maybe. 

Hope this helps

Good luck

answered

Hi Florkenthia, 

I would highly recommend not to use a OneDrive Path as the App Directory. 

We had some trouble to open apps, because somehow IDs or anything changed and then couldn't open the app anymore. And it's a local working copy, so it's not really necessary.

For instance I use just a folder in my local C:\Documents. 

Let me know if that worked for you.

answered