Allowed Resources During Intermediate Exam

Hi guys, I've just passed the Intermediate exam with a score of 84%. Before taking the exam, I understood that it is allowed to use Studio Pro, Mendix Documentation, and Learning Path Material. However, while taking the exam, I received a warning about navigating away from the exam workspace when I moved from the exam tab to the learning path tab. After two warnings, I didn't navigate away from the exam workspace anymore. I have two questions regarding this situation: Will I receive the certificate since I was warned twice during the exam? How can I properly use the allowed resources during the exam without violating the rules? Thank, Tuan  
asked
4 answers

Hi Tuan,

In the past, it was an open book exam, so this might have caused the confusion. Nowadays, it's closed book, and you can review all guideliness and requirements on the official academy certification page, where it states (on the bottom): "This is a closed-book exam. The use of any resources is not allowed."

To verify if you succeeded, you can go to my academy portal, click on my academy and see the certificates granted on the right. If it doesn't appear there (yet), you can review the status of your registration on the left.

Regards,

Johan

answered

Hi Tuan,

Intermediate Certification is a closed-book exam. It means that you cannot use any documentation or help to pass it and it is not allowed to reduce the window or use a second monitor and so on. At the 3rd warning you would have received an instant rejection. Your recorded session will be reviewed by an auditor within the next days (1 to 3) and you'll get a reply with a confirmation if everything is ok.

answered

Hi Tuan Phan Anh

Mendix Intermediate Certification Exam Reminder: The Mendix Intermediate Certification Exam is a closed-book exam. Please keep this in mind and thoroughly prepare using our Mendix Academy resources before attempting the exam.”

Hope you receive the certificate. Happy Mendix Development!

answered

Thank you, everyone. I've just received the certificate. Since my case involved an unintentional violation that occurred before I answered any exam questions, I sent an email to the Academy to explain the situation. I believe my explanation has been accepted.

answered