When using the Excel Importer allways call the parse with microflow, even when the imported value is empty. - Mendix Forum

When using the Excel Importer allways call the parse with microflow, even when the imported value is empty.

To me it seems strange that the 'parse with' microflow isn't called upon when the value you want to import form Excel is empty.

It would be a big help if I could use logic to, for example, set a specific boolean value or enumeration when the imported value is empty. Now it is not possible to import a boolean from an empty value, and for enumerations the imported value will allways return 'empty'.

Also other kind of import logic will not be applied if the imported value is empty, which is not very consistent!

asked
3 answers

ExcelImporter.ParseEmptyCells constant can be set to True

from Documentation-

Set this constant to True to allow parsing empty cells with microflow when importing Excel files.

If True, "parse with" microflow will be called for empty cells.
If False (default), the microflow will be called only for cells with data.

(didn’t see it in 7.23) ...is available in 8.18, and 9.12

Created

Also agree. It makes it much easier to create default values in a microflow expression if the field is empty. Otherwise the workaround is to populate all the empty spreadsheet cells with a value, even just one blank space ‘ ‘.

Created

I agree, this sounds like a logical thing to implement. Dealing with empty values can be extremely useful!

Created