Memory| Server:Windows 10 Laptop with Studio Pro 9.17.0 / Client Samsung Galaxy S20 Android device with Make It Native 9 App - Mendix Forum

Memory| Server:Windows 10 Laptop with Studio Pro 9.17.0 / Client Samsung Galaxy S20 Android device with Make It Native 9 App

Studio Pro 9.17.0/Make It Native 9/Samsung Galaxy S10 Entire Database beine loaded to client device from SP Server (laptop)

Ask my question flipped out when I tried to edit previous question so I have to repost it.
The issue is the entire database is being loaded to my phone and it only has so much memory and my database is huge.
I'm expecting Make It Native 9 to only load records that are requested at the time of fetch.
Another user suggested some kind of commit scheme which says from the get go it WILL load the entire DB to the device.

Well I think it finally hit me why this is happening.
Would it be fair to say that this is being caused by the concept of "Offline-First"?
In my case if there is not Internet connection I just want the app to stop attempting to process DB requests and throw an error to the user stating it can't complete because it is offline.   
If so, is there a way to get rid of this "Offline-First" idea, how would I do it, and would that stop the entire database from being loaded to the mobile device in Make It Native 9 from the get go?

asked
0 answers