Mendix Knowledge Meetup [29/02/2016] - Utrecht

On Monday February 29th we’re hosting the first Mendix Knowledge session. The main purpose of these sessions is to share knowledge and best practices with other developers. Agenda 1) Kilian Croese (Conclusion) - Using the Mendix UI framework to build responsive apps 2) Erwin de Groot (Ciber) - Lessons learned during the first Ciber Mendix project: Besturing Aansluitregister Break 3) Ronald Catersels (Daywize) - Something to be aware of when doing batches part II 4) Bart Tolen (ManSystems) - Using OQL in Mendix As usual Mendix will take care of the drinks and snacks. More information and RSVP: www.meetup.com The knowledge sessions are hosted by Mendix MVP Kilian Croese. Contact Kilian to reserve a slot in the agenda for a future knowledge meetup. We organize monthly community meetups. One month we organize a free format meetup where you can freely ask questions and meet the other developers. The other month we facilitate a knowledge session where the community shares best practices and Mendix knowledge on a specific topic. Check the complete meetup calendar here.
asked
8 answers

Nice work setting this up Kilian and the rest, I'll be there!

answered

I would like to thank everybody that attended the knowledge meetup yesterday. you can drop comments / suggestions in this topic or contact me directly.

answered

What I liked most about the meetup was mendix engineers showing their apps which they created for their customers. So liked Erwin de Groot presentation most.

In addition I would like to introduce the mendix open space event. An open space meetup is surprising and informative, and the participants will create their own agenda for the meetup. Check google if you're not familiar with the setup.

The idea is that the issues that are most important to people will get discussed. Who's into mendix open space??

answered

We can also host a meetup here at our Pegamento office in Nieuwegein sometime. We have a bar with beer:)

answered

Sounds interesting! Thanks for taking the initiative and see you there!

answered

Maandag for me is hard to slot in.... wont be there.... bugger....

question/suggestion: any presentations done etc. can they go into a separate part of the Developer Portal as downloads or integral? Not being able to make it, does not mean not interested.

answered

I enjoyed the last meetup, it encourages me to dive into technologies like koala, design, OQL.

I have visited the last four meetups and I see mostly the same faces (nothing wrong with that), and I think most of them are builders. In next meetings it would be worthwhile to create a wider public by inviting a customer, product-owner, visionair, tester so we can learn from them as well.

answered

The meeetup was a great success! Looking forward to the next one.

View the pictures here: http://www.meetup.com/Mendix-Netherlands/photos/26783031/ alt text alt text alt text

answered