Image storage in mendix in built database

I have developed a native mobile app using the “camera” widget(With phonegap – the one developed by Mendix) from the Mendix app store. On click of a button, camera is opened and I am able to take a picture through it. Also I am able to display the same captured picture in the app. But, I want to know whether the image is stored in the database? If yes, how and in which format it is stored (bytes, base 64 etc) and where can I see that in the DB. I want to send that picture to another application and hence wanted to store it in DB. I can only see the entries in 3 tables (System.Image, System.FileDocument and the entity which I created.. but only id’s and stuff not the image) My domain model has an entity which is of type System.Image (no attributes defined). I am performing the camera operation in a nanoflow. I am using Mendix studio pro 8.3.1  Help here is really appreciated.
asked
1 answers

The images/files are stored on the fileserver, which is by default at the application server. Though can also be an external fileserver.

In Mendix you model logic to consume these files/images using the related entities FileDocument & Image. When you retrieve a list of images in a microflow and send them to another app, then the file is part of the retrieved content. 

They are not stored as binary in the content attribute of the FileDocument entity.

answered