Simple expression syntax error (checking decimal parameter value)

I’m trying to make a simple conditional visibility expression, based on the value of decimal parameter: $currentObject/value > 0.00 But I’m getting this error:  Operator > not supported in expression >(, 0) Error: An error occurred while evaluating visibility expression: Operator > not supported in expression >(, 0) How can I fix it? It seems to be a syntax error.
asked
3 answers

Hi Maxim,

As I cannot reproduce the same error in the Mendix-version I use (8.6.3), some basic questions:

• Are you sure the used attribute “value” is a decimal?
  • Do you use a dot as decimal seperator?
  • Did you use syntax like shown below?

Kind regards,

Johan

answered

Hi Maxim,

Your expression should be a valid one and works in a local test of mine. Can you please provide some more detail about where the conditional visibility is being applied? It will need to be inside a data view or list view where the $currentObject is available. Is it possible this widget is outside the bounds of the data view where desired $currentObject is available?

If not, can you provide a screenshot of the page you are trying to manipulate?

answered

Hi Maxim,

i know it’s a year ago but still maybe this answer helps you or someone else.

I ran into the same problem and I figured that this error always came up when it’s checking the condition on an ‘empty’ value. So in your example when your $currentObject/value is empty instead of a decimal value.

I solved this by adding a condition that first checks if it’s empty.

Best regards 

jan

answered