How flexible is Mendix in terms of customization

I am really intrigued by Mendix as a platform. My question goes to seasoned developers on Mendix, would you recommend using Mendix in developing a banking application that does the following, allows one to validate logins using an API service provided by the bank, send money from one’s account view account balances. I short am asking is advanced custom feature development suitable on Mendix or  is it easier to build using a stack e.g. MEAN
asked
5 answers

If I am not mistaken there are already some banks using Mendix for these purposes. It now even might be easier with the native mobile options. So in my opinion I would say go for it. Create a small test project so you can get a feel on how Mendix works. I do not know if your current dev team already has Mendix experience. Mendix has people to help you get your first dev team up to speed. Contact Mendix if you want to go that route.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Mendix is capable of building any application that is required by business. Banking software, ERP, CRM, Hybrid mobile app, Native mobile app….

The only catch is, while creating bank software, your data will be PII and PCI. This means that your application that will deal with this data will also come under PCI and PII scope. This means you will need to deploy these apps on PCI/PII server space. So you will have to use your own server to deploy the app, which is not a issue as Mendix supports it.

In short, you can use Mendix for the banking app that you want to build.

answered

I agree with Romil and Ronald. And what you are describing does not sound like you need to add a lot of customizations. Or do you have other use cases that really need customizations?

answered

In contrast to other low code environments where you are forced to stick with what the platform offers, Mendix is pretty open to integrations and own code, e.g. java, javascript. It’s definitely a “continuum” between fast/lean and deep (and complex).

answered

Thank you very much, my mind is now at ease about the use of Mendix in our projects. A community such as this is sure to make Mendix grow further.

answered