SAML 1.13 Error: The authentication was successful, but your account could not be setup in this application with the provided information.

Does anyone know what leads SAML 1.13 to this error message? Since SAML 2.0 is the officially supported version, there seems to be no documentation for 1.13 anymore. “The authentication was successful, but your account could not be setup in this application with the provided information.” Our SAML setup used to work perfectly fine until recently, and strangely only on the Acceptance layer. In Production, this is still working fine. We have not made any changes to SAML for this application, whether in configuration or in any of the SAML module microflows (e.g. custom user provisioning).
asked
3 answers

You CustomUserProvisioning microflow did not return a LoginFeedback object where LoginAllowed=true.

The CustomUserProvisioning is custom, so i suggest doing some debugging there.

I hope this helps.

answered

Hey Francis,

Did you already found the issue?

I had the same error message and we found out that it was an issue on our AD/SAML setup. The used principalname was for some users in Lowercase and some in Uppercase.

So now we have ToLowercase (user.userprincipalname) and we don’t get the error message anymore.

answered

We also had the same error message. We first used the entity Account for the login processs and changed it afterwards to the entity Gebruiker that is a specialization of Account. The error disappeared after deleting all the accounts created with the former login entity Account. The reason behind this is that Mendix now wanted to create an entity Gebruiker and thus also for Account that already existed.

answered