Combine JSON structure and Message Definition possibilities?

I created a Published REST service (json) with a GET method. Below the 2 possibilities for me: Possibility 1: Export mapping based on JSON structure Empty lists are still in the response Swagger documentation is available, except a response model or example response   Possibility 2: Export mapping based on message definition Empty objects or empty lists are not in the response Swagger documentation is available, also with a response model and example response   What I need: Empty lists and objects should be in the response Swagger documentation should have a response model and example response
asked
2 answers

Thank you Gerrit for answering.

I found the answer myself, because I missed a setting for “Show empty values” as null in the export mapping. Checking this setting includes also empty associations in the response. Also, the generated Swagger documentation contains a now beautiful response model and example response. In your message definition you can use custom entity and attribute names and examples values.

answered

If you want to use swagger UI, then I would suggest to use possibility number 2. I am wondering why you don’t get a empty JSON list or empty JSON object.

Would it be possible for you to share your implementation to have a better understanding of your issue?

answered