Exception after importing widgets

I'm getting the following error in Mendix 2.5 after importing widgets: login button, input reference selector and rich text suite: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Line 1, position 1. at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue(Char currentChar) in d:\Development\Source\Json\trunk\Src\Newtonsoft.Json\JsonTextReader.cs:line 612 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read() in d:\Development\Source\Json\trunk\Src\Newtonsoft.Json\JsonTextReader.cs:line 277 at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader) in d:\Development\Source\Json\trunk\Src\Newtonsoft.Json\Linq\JObject.cs:line 252 at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Parse(String json) in d:\Development\Source\Json\trunk\Src\Newtonsoft.Json\Linq\JObject.cs:line 280 at Mendix.M2EE.M2EEResponse..ctor(String requestActionName, String json) in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\tmp\build2-2.5.0\src\Mendix.M2EE\M2EEResponse.cs:line 14 at Mendix.M2EE.M2EERequest.Execute(Int32 timeout) in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\tmp\build2-2.5.0\src\Mendix.M2EE\M2EERequest.cs:line 60 at Mendix.M2EE.M2EEClient.Ping(Int32 timeout) in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\tmp\build2-2.5.0\src\Mendix.M2EE\M2EEClient.cs:line 43 at Mendix.M2EE.M2EERunner.EnsureStarted(Process javaProcess, String logFileLocation, M2EEClient client, Func`1 shouldCancel) in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\tmp\build2-2.5.0\src\Mendix.M2EE\M2EERunner.cs:line 168 at Mendix.M2EE.M2EERunner.Start(M2EEConfig m2eeConfig, Func`1 shouldCancel) in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\tmp\build2-2.5.0\src\Mendix.M2EE\M2EERunner.cs:line 32 at Mendix.Modeler.Deployment.Runner.<>c__DisplayClass6.<Run>b__3(WorkerTaskInfo info) in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\tmp\build2-2.5.0\src\Modeler\Deployment\Runner.cs:line 93 at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.WorkerTask.backgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in c:\cygwin\home\autobuild\tmp\build2-2.5.0\src\Mendix.Modeler.Utility\WorkerTask.cs:line 137 at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e) at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument) Is there any way to remove imported widgets so i can deploy my app?
asked
2 answers

From the stacktrace, the error does not seem to be related to widgets, but rather to connection to the local server. I suggest filing a bug report.

answered

In your project directory you find a map called widgets, there you can remove the .mpk file of the custom widgets. However, if the widgets are not used in your project they should not give any errors. I would suggest you only remove them from all of your forms and try again. You can synchronize your project directory using F4.

answered