Mendix SAP R/3 integration

Hello, Could anyone please let me know how to integrate Mendix with SAP R/3? And is there version compatibility information available? Thanx & regards, Jun
asked
5 answers

You can do it via ABAP webservice, SAP RFC using Idocs with help of SAP Jco connector

answered

Integrating Mendix with R/3 is all about Mendix consuming SAP’s API’s. Abhishek named some techniques available to talk to SAP, but you need not worry about those. Do note that SAP is very extensive in functionality and that includes their interfaces. Go to api.sap.com to get a first taste of their landscape and to the SAP API Business Hub for an insight in one of the options. Check out this tutorial for SAP solutions to get your feet wet. Then check out the SAP OData connector. By now you have a grasp of the possibilities. Best advise: stay out of creating your own interfaces for as long as you can, because it is likely that whatever your requirement is, somewhere there is an api available and waiting for you to start consuming it.

answered

Thank You, Abhishek! Understood & makes sense!!

Thanks & best regards,

Jun

answered

Hi Tim,

I really appreciate your informative reply. I only got R/3 & BAPI knowledge 20 years ago, and wanted to how it goes today and how Mendix can talk to it. Now I could see the principle and will learn more based on your guide!

FYI: Sooner later the customer should move to S4/HANA but in general this type of thing tends to happen late in Japan. We call it ‘2025 Digital Cliff’ :-)

https://www.meti.go.jp/english/press/2018/0907_004.html

Thank you, Tim and Abhishek.

Regards, Jun

answered

Hi,Thanks for sharing this information
SAP ABAP course in Pune

answered