Cannot add users anymore after bumping 6.10.19 to 6.10.20

After updating the modeler to 6.10.20, I cannot add users anymore. I suspect something went wrong updating the permissions. Anyone an idea how to debug this? It’s only on our project, since creating a fresh project and then updating it to 6.10.20 works ok… This error appears after ‘saving’ a new user. (SaveNewAccount microflow) com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: Exception occurred in action '{"changes":"{Email=test, FullName=test, Name=test}","type":"ChangeAction"}', all database changes executed by this action were rolled back at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:176) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: Exception occurred in action '{"changes":"{Email=test, FullName=test, Name=test}","type":"ChangeAction"}', all database changes executed by this action were rolled back at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:40) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: Exception occurred in action '{"changes":"{Email=test, FullName=test, Name=test}","type":"ChangeAction"}', all database changes executed by this action were rolled back at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.processErrorState(CoreAction.java:303) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Changing member 'Name' of 'Administration.Account' by user testgebruiker failed for security reasons: Write access denied for member 'Name' of object 'Administration.Account' at com.mendix.core.action.user.Changer$class.changeMember(Changer.scala:41) Caused by: com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.SecurityRuntimeException: Write access denied for member 'Name' of object 'Administration.Account' at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.MendixObjectMemberImpl.checkWriteAccess(MendixObjectMemberImpl.java:146) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.MendixObjectMemberImpl.setValue(MendixObjectMemberImpl.java:219)  
asked
3 answers

Thanks to the comment of Ronald, I’ve solved the problem. It was indeed the ‘User management’ settings.

This is how they were set to the role I was using:

The option (No user roles) was actually needed to add a new user. Maybe it wasn’t supposed to work, but it did in the Mendix versions below 6.10.20… So maybe Mendix patched this ‘bug’ without referencing this in the release notes.

answered

Hi Bert, 

looks like your “testgebruiker” has no write access to the account name. 
Can you check the security permissions for said user(role)

answered

Thanks, but that doesn’t seem to be the problem…

The user has a role with permissions to create a user. As a test, I prefill the fullName and the Name attributes in the create-microflow. When passing the object to the form-view, the ‘Name’ attribute goes lost…

answered