Importing Data

Dear All, I would like to have the app user upload an Excel file to Mendix as simple as possible. Therefore, the user will upload a file with given column names. I was able to connect each of the columns to attributes  of the entity which will obtain the Excels´s data. However, I would like the user to not have to Edit the template manually. That´s why I thought, it would be nice to when importing files not having to choose a template after creating it, but always use the template I created. Is this somehow possible? Thank you for the support! Caleb
asked
2 answers

Yes you can. You let the user just upload the document and have a button process file. In the microflow behind it Retrieve the ExcelTemplate object you want to use by either a hardcoded filename or ID. Then you can execute the StartImportByTemplate Java action based on the just retrieved template and the document of the enduser.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Thank you for your reply. 
I have tried to do so, but I am wondering, how to store the template. As it is not stored in the database, I am unsure, how to retrieve it. Could you help me with that?
Regards, 
Caleb

answered