What are good project ideas for a Mendix beginner?

I'm helping out a couple of friends with learning Mendix, and I'm looking for some fun small project ideas to help them get started. It doesn't have to be a unique idea or anything, just something nice and fun to get started with (more fun than a “course” app for instance). Preferably, there should be room for: Some practice with at least some kind of integration Something that they can use for themselves after they finish Not too technically complex for a beginner   I have some ideas myself, but would love to add more to the list! An app to keep track scores playing some tournament An app to keep track of expenses with your flatmates An app to keep track of where in the world you've traveled and show it on a map An app to keep track of which board games you've played and how much you like them …?   Thank you in advance for any cool ideas! I'll be sure to upvote any (decent) replies :-)
asked
7 answers

Hi Eline!

I love the idea of tracking board games and ratings. Perhaps you could use this BoardGamesGeek API to search and rate games from their list! This would end up being more of an exercise in using APIs and testing them with something like Postman before integrating though

A simpler version of an integration... CAT CONNECTOR!

answered

Hi Eline,

An  app to keep track shopping cart purchased by customer

answered

Hello Eline Bijkerk,

1. A Simple workflow management system that helps route the requests to multiple levels of approvers.
  2. A Simple ticketing system that allows to raise tickets and manage them.

Thanks

Ganesh

answered

Hi Eline,

An app like soccer game app.

answered

Hi Eline,

A stock market tracker – you can make that very basic (a button with a GET behind it to some free API and a graph), but it leaves room to increase complexity if things get too simple (e.g. alerts, styling of graphs etc.)

answered

Hi Eline,

An app to keep track of training events by the trainer.

answered

I thought of an app that lets you connect with each other through a QR scan,

Dont know any practicle application though hahah.

this lets you play with user accounts, qr, photo scan tools and PWA.

answered