Getting compilation error after adding java script actions

Hi All, I was trying to add couple of java script actions and it was called from nanoflow, during compilation I was getting below error messgaes. (Didn’t face any issues during compilation before adding java script actions).   [webpack-cli] ModuleNotFoundError: Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '\\firmwide.com\shares\homedrives\balaji.sekar\Documents\Mendix\Test_PWA\deployment\tmp\jsactions' in 'C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node'     at C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\webpack\lib\Compilation.js:1672:28     at C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\webpack\lib\NormalModuleFactory.js:712:13     at eval (eval at create (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\tapable\lib\HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:10:1)     at C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\webpack\lib\NormalModuleFactory.js:273:22     at eval (eval at create (C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\tapable\lib\HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:22:1)     at C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\webpack\lib\NormalModuleFactory.js:402:22     at C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\webpack\lib\NormalModuleFactory.js:117:11     at C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\webpack\lib\NormalModuleFactory.js:628:24     at C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\webpack\lib\NormalModuleFactory.js:782:8     at C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\webpack\lib\NormalModuleFactory.js:902:5 resolve '\\firmwide.com\shares\homedrives\balaji.sekar\Documents\Mendix\Test_PWA\deployment\tmp\jsactions' in 'C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node'   Parsed request is a module   No description file found in C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node or above   resolve as module     looking for modules in C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules       single file module         No description file found in C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\firmwide.com\shares\homedrives\balaji.sekar\Documents\Mendix\Test_PWA\deployment\tmp or above         no extension           C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\firmwide.com\shares\homedrives\balaji.sekar\Documents\Mendix\Test_PWA\deployment\tmp\jsactions doesn't exist         .js           C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\firmwide.com\shares\homedrives\balaji.sekar\Documents\Mendix\Test_PWA\deployment\tmp\jsactions.js doesn't exist         .json           C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\firmwide.com\shares\homedrives\balaji.sekar\Documents\Mendix\Test_PWA\deployment\tmp\jsactions.json doesn't exist         .wasm           C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\firmwide.com\shares\homedrives\balaji.sekar\Documents\Mendix\Test_PWA\deployment\tmp\jsactions.wasm doesn't exist       C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node\node_modules\firmwide.com\shares\homedrives\balaji.sekar\Documents\Mendix\Test_PWA\deployment\tmp\jsactions doesn't exist     C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\tools\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory     C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\modeler\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory     C:\Program Files\Mendix\9.1.1.19613\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory     C:\Program Files\Mendix\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory     C:\Program Files\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory     C:\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory   PS:  File “\\firmwide.com\shares\homedrives\balaji.sekar\Documents\Mendix\Test_PWA\deployment\tmp\jsactions.js” is available, but still error message shows exists. And also we are working on VDI, whether error message has anything to do with that ?  
asked
3 answers

Hello,

maybe a little late to answer, but it can help.

A colleague of mine had the same problem.
After reinstalling Studio Pro, the errors disappeared.

We could not identify the source of the problem, but at least there is a workaround.

Have a nice day
Patrick

answered

This happened for me when I was using a shared network drive.

The solution I used was to map the network drive to a named letter drive, in my case M:. You then need to reopen the project from the lettered drive, and it should build successfully.

Hope this helps.

answered

Also a late answer:

This happens indeed when you use the project via a shared network drive in combination with any usage of Javasacript actions.

However I have used JS actions and a shared network project in a project without issues. So I guess that at some point in later Studio Pro versions, this is fixed.

answered