E-Commerce website with Mendix ?

Hai All, can I build a fully working E-Commerce website like I want to build an online shopping website to sell clothes. Tell me if it’s possible and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
asked
2 answers

Yes, it is possible. Technically you can build anything you need. But no, for small businesses Mendix is definitely not the best choice. Only very limited payment options, no product-page templates. No shopping basket. No newsletter. No workflows for for instance handling returns. So much that you will have to create yourself. Mendix lacks the out-of-the-box functionality for being a serious webshop platform. Maybe in the years to come, would love to see that happen. And costs: Mendix is about 20.000 euros per years. The Basic license is 600 euro per year, but not an option because as a webshop, your customers need to be able to log in and 5 accounts will not be enough.

Currently, an open source solution like Prestashop will get you started in a couple of hours, low costs. But several others too: BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento.

If you are a big company, and you have a development team available, then yes, you can disclose your collection to potential consumers in a Mendix application and you will benefit from the IDE, the integration capabilities and the development speed. Mendix consultants will probably be happy to be part of such a team.

answered

Prestashop, wordpress etc are the worst and amatour trashy solution

20000€ per year for Mendix?

Ready-to-use platforms are very very limited and poor. I do online stores on Shopify. Poor system.

50€ a month = 600€ a year for 1 app.

answered