How independent is something I develop with Mendix and is there a Lock-in Effect with the Mendix ecosystem ?

Trying to understand where I am getting into, it would be interesting to know how strong the Lock-in Effect of this whole ecosystem is. I am wondering how independent the finished product is from Mendix and the environment around Mendix. These are few questions, I came across regarding the topic:    Can I take the finished product and take it to another cloud platform and host it there ? (Do I need to pay Mendix for hosting the backend of my application no matter what )   There always seems to be this mx logo from Mendix in the upper left corner of the Application. Can I change the application so, that  there is no mentioning of Mendix and it doesn't look like it's related to Mendix ?   It seems as you need a license to implement Databases, but can I later host my own Database or do I need to pay Mendix  for hosting the Database for me?   Is there something else I should know regarding this topic about to the Mendix platform ?   Another Thing: It would be interesting, to see a finished app or web application that has been build with Mendix. So if someone has a link, that would be great.
asked
1 answers

Can I take the finished product and take it to another cloud platform and host it there ?
(Do I need to pay Mendix for hosting the backend of my application no matter what )

Answer: Yes, you can take it to other cloud platform, however, you still need to pay Mendix license fee (not the hosting fee)

There always seems to be this mx logo from Mendix in the upper left corner of the Application.
Can I change the application so, that  there is no mentioning of Mendix and it doesn't look like it's related to Mendix ?

Answer: You can change the logo from Studio (not Studio Pro). When you open the App in Studio, there will be a paintbrush icon on the left (Styling Menu), you can go there and change the logo

It seems as you need a license to implement Databases, but can I later host my own Database or do I need to pay Mendix  for hosting the Database for me?

Answer: You can connect Mendix App to your database, but, regarding Pricing, you will need to discuss with Mendix Sales team. I understand there are flexible license fee options available now.

Is there something else I should know regarding this topic about to the Mendix platform ?

Answer: I am sure there are a lot of things you would need to consider like the number of users, application availability, backups, collaborative development etc. Mendix Sales team would advise you appropriately

Regarding Ready Applications, there are tons of them on the Market place. For example you can find financial applications at https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/industry/FinancialServices

answered