Listview vs Datagrid 2

Hello, How would you decide to choose between using a listview or a datagrid 2 ?  Thanks
asked
3 answers

Hello Joshua,

The list view shows a list of objects arranged vertically. Each object is shown using a template. This template is defined by placing widgets inside the list view’s drop-zone. The list of objects shown is determined by a data source.

Data Grid 2 is used to display content in a tabular form. It comes with many powerful new features and settings like support for widgets, row and cell colouring, responsive layout, accessibility, and different paging options like virtual scrolling.

If you found my answer helpful please mark it as accepted, it would be great for me...

answered

Listview for small screens, Datagrid for large screens.

answered

Same way you choose between ListView and Datagrid. Datagrid 2 is the successor of Datagrid and like Datagrid, it is still tabular and does not have the layout options like ListView.

Just now I downloaded module ‘DataWidgets’ and came accross a piece of documentation which is very informative:

Data grid 2: The successor of the standard data grid widget for displaying content in a tabular form. It comes with many powerful new features and settings like support for widgets, row and cell coloring, responsive layout, accessibility and different paging options, like virtual scrolling.

Gallery: The Gallery widget is the successor to both the standard list view and template grid. It features a new responsive grid design, usage of the same filtering and sort widgets from Data grid 2 and settings like support for conditional styling, paging and empty placeholders.

answered