excel importer parsing and reference set

I’m having trouble with mapping two attributes in my excel importer. - First one is an enumerate attribute. Every attendee has en enumerate attribute “Group”. I use the template parsing microflow provided from the excel importer module to parse the values to string. I can’t seem to find the reason why these configurations do not return any value for the SessionGroup attribute when i import my excel file.   - The second one is an attribute “LocationName”. This attribute does not directly have an association with the mendix object ‘Administration.Account’ which i’m using for template excel importer. When i try to set the association “EventLocation_Account” to map this attribute my configurations break and I get this kind of error The following error occurred when importing document: UserImport_Template (1).xlsx -------- com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: replication.ReplicationSettings$MendixReplicationRuntimeException: There is not attribute: Function found in metaobject Administration.Account at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:84) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: replication.ReplicationSettings$MendixReplicationRuntimeException: There is not attribute: Function found in metaobject Administration.Account at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:23) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreException: replication.ReplicationSettings$MendixReplicationRuntimeException: There is not attribute: Function found in metaobject Administration.Account at excelimporter.reader.ExcelImporter.startImport(ExcelImporter.java:129) Caused by: replication.ReplicationSettings$MendixReplicationRuntimeException: There is not attribute: Function found in metaobject Administration.Account at replication.ReplicationSettings.addMappingForAttribute(ReplicationSettings.java:592) at excelimporter.reader.readers.replication.ExcelReplicationSettings.addColumnMapping(ExcelReplicationSettings.java:19) at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelReader.importData(ExcelReader.java:230) at excelimporter.reader.ExcelImporter.startImport(ExcelImporter.java:120) at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:54) at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:25) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.scala:25) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeSync$2(ActionManager.scala:80) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:19) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:79) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.UserActionCallBuilderImpl.execute(UserActionCallBuilderImpl.scala:34) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:35) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.ForegroundJavaAction.doExecute(ForegroundJavaAction.scala:11) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:38) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.$anonfun$execute$1(MicroflowObject.scala:32) at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.scala:29) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.$anonfun$executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary$2(MicroflowImpl.scala:167) at scala.Option.flatMap(Option.scala:283) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.scala:167) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.scala:114) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:48) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.scala:25) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.$anonfun$runMonitoredAction$1(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:59) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.$anonfun$monitor$1(ActionMonitoring.scala:49) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.withContextClassLoader(Runner.java:19) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionMonitoring$.monitor(ActionMonitoring.scala:49) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.runMonitoredAction(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:59) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:46) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.internal.InternalCoreAction.call(InternalCoreAction.scala:25) at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$executeAsync$3(ActionManager.scala:64) at scala.concurrent.Future$.$anonfun$apply$1(Future.scala:672) at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$Transformation.run(Promise.scala:431) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)  
asked
2 answers

Eson,

Regarding the first issue, have you put a breakpoint in your microflow to see what value comes into this microflow?  Also, I have had success importing directly from a spreadsheet with no microflow as long as the spreadsheet contains the enumeration Key values – not the Captions.  Have you tried that?

Regarding the second issue, can you add a screenshots showing the domain model (association) and excel importer template tabs (associations tab would be helpful as well as the specific attribute and its key configuration).

Thanks,

Mike

answered

What do you mean with “Enumeration Key values, not the captions”? The Column in my excel screenshot shows “SessionGroup” as caption (name of Enum object) and the values under it are the key values i want mapped for that specific record. How would i have to change the format to make it work without microflow?

Regarding the second issue, i’ve recreated the setup i had when the bug occured. As i was recreating this i now was able to import without this error.

There is not attribute: Function found in metaobject Administration.Account

Both values still do not show on my user panel while other values map nicely though. Can’t seem to figure out why that is.

answered