Trigger Client Refresh from a Microflow with System Context

Hi guys, I already found some old threads about this topic, but all were 2-4 years old.. So maybe there are some new capabilities in the meantime. I’m using the OPC UA Connector Package and created some subscriptions. If the Subscription is executed, a Microflow will run and update some entities. Now I want to refresh the UI of the Clients to see the new content of the entities. After some research I found out that the CurrentSession in the Workflow is empty, which is probably the reason for the not refreshing UI of the client ? I read about the Pusher Service.. but honestly spoken, I don’t want to add some other cloud based service, since the solution needs to run on premise at the end. (And I don’t want to be dependent on a 3rd party system) Is there any way how I could achieve this goal ? I already tried to modify the Java-Action of the OPCUA Client, and I was able to use a session context instead of creating a system context..  After this change I saw the correct Session in the executed Microflow, but the UI was still not refreshing ? (Yes maybe I could add some polling to the clients.. but in 2021 I would like to use an event based approach) Best Regards, Martin    
asked
3 answers

There’s the Microflow Timer widget to take the polling approach, which is easy but not what you want.

Maybe the Web Sockets Module can help you out.

answered

Would the RefreshClass or RefreshClassByObject actions in the Community Commons module in the Marketplace do what you need?

https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/modules/community-commons-function-library#4-7-orm

answered

Hi Martin & Robert,

I was able to add the web socket module.. But now I'm stucked in refreshing the grid if I receive a message via web socket.
I have tried to call "Refresh Object" in my Nanoflow and I tried the refreshClass in a microflow, called by the nanoflow.. Both without successs :( Maybe also the parameters I pass to the functions are simply wrong..

I’m not sure if refreshClass is the correct thing I’m looking for ? I cant find any good example/description when to use it..

answered