Im getting a CE0109 Code that I cannot resolve

Good day, I am new to Mendix and app making in general, I have to create an app as part of a college class.  I have made it to the end of 4.2.1 but I getting a two CE0109 on both of the “decision” diamonds I drug in per the instructions.  I have redone them several time with the same outcome.  Does anyone have an idea of what I may be doing wrong?
asked
4 answers

JD, 

Without seeing the expressions in your decisions, I can’t say for sure.  However, it seems like the issue is probably with your expression.  For instance, the first diamond has 2 outgoing arrows with true and false.  That means the expression inside of that one should be a boolean expression (i.e. resolve to either true or false).  The second decision doesn’t have any conditions for the outgoing arrows, which is causing the errors there.  If you are trying to determine status ( in the second one ), you will need to right mouse click on those arrows and select the option to set the condition value.

If you want to include some images of the expressions, I can try to help more specifically.

Hope that helps,

Mike

answered

Hi Mike, thank you for the help.  I will do my best to make sense of it below with some snips.

This was the first step of adding the first “decision” and the expression to type in.

This is how I have it typed in.

This is also on the first decision where the TRUE/FALSE boxes come from.

This is the for the 2nd decision out of the training.

This is how I have it in my assignment.

This one does not give me the option for the TRUE/FALSE boxes that are shown in the assignment.  When I try to add them in the Cases it does not allow me to.

Per the Mendix training, this is what it should look like.

answered

CE0109 error means you are using an undefined variable. This is probably $Task as that is what you have shown in your decision split. Is $Task passed as a parameter to the microflow? It should look something like this and be near the start of your microflow.

answered

Good evening Robert, you are right, I had never noticed that until you pointed it out.  There is that exact symbol in the lesson but not on my microflow.  It is the very first thing.  Maybe all I have to do is figure out how to add that and I’ll be good to go?

answered