Error Event trigger rollback of database activities inside the same microflow

Hello Everyone,   Is expected to the Error Event roll back all database activities from microflow where it is? I used Mendix 9.10.   I tried to simulate what is at section 5.4 from Mendix’s document “Set Up Error Handling” (https://docs.mendix.com/howto/logic-business-rules/set-up-error-handling) to understand better the concepts about Error Handling. During my tests always when I used an Error Event it seems to invalidate all transaction where it is and rolled back all activities in the same microflow (both from main flow and error flow). But according to Mendix Docs (see above) it is not expected to occur.The test MPK and the PDF with more details about all scenarios I tested could be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14JHmGBalQEvFoBTKSUfe4yPrcbeED0ro?usp=sharing   Thank you in advance!
asked
4 answers

If this is your question: Will an error trigger that triggers a roll back, undo all the changes that the microflow has made upto the point of the error.

Then: Yes it will.

answered

Thanks Tim, but that wasn't my question.

answered

Trying to explain in another way:

I tested it on Mendix 9.10 and the Error Event component do not appear to act as expected. Or I did not understood the docs.

On item "5.4 Continuing in the Parent Flow, Continuing in the Subflow" there are in the doc that the Error Event inside the microflow "UpdateCustomerStatus" has no impact on the before activities inside the same microflow.

But I saw a different result in practice. Always I that used an Error Event to propagate the exception all changes inside the microflow has been reversed. Using the item "5.4." as sample, all the activities inside the microflow "UpdateCustomerStatus" would be reversed (both from main flow and error flow).

On the shared Google Drive you could see the project I used to test and some analysis about this behaviour.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

answered

Hi Juliano,

Today I ran into the same situation as you are describing. I would indeed expect when you call the Error Event and in the parent microflow you configure the error handling as “Custom without rollback” or “Continue” that the actions taken in the child microflow that caused the error would NOT get rolled back.

I have create a ticket for this with a sample project to reproduce the issue, so I will keep you updated about their response.

Kind regards,

answered