Which Linux distribution suites best for Mendix 2.5 deployment?

Dear all, I need suggestions for selecting a Linux distribution to deploy Mendix application. Here is the choices: Ubuntu Fedora Debian Any other distribution are welcome too. The selection criteria's are e.g. solid, easy to deploy and maintenance environment for our partner. And it must be free to use for the commercial purpose. Can you also please give me reasons why you would recommend it :-) PS: The deployment manual of 2.5 in Unix/Linux environment is still not available?? Thank you in advance for the suggestion Panayu
asked
3 answers

In general we deploy on Debian servers. I guess Debian is the most stable distribution, and Ubuntu the most easy to use. There are ready to use Debian packages (which will work on Ubuntu as well), i don't know about Fedora.

answered

Michel,

Thanks for the answer. How can I get the Debian packages and how does it work?

answered

There is some documentation about installing Mendix on a Linux machine. The distribution we used for this documentation is Debian 5 Lenny.

Which distribution you should use is very difficult to answer. Mendix will run on every Linux distribution as far as i know. What you need is a web server to handle requests, Java to run the Mendix Runtime and a DBMS that is supported. The only question you should ask yourself is, which distribution is known the best by my system administrators.

answered