Studio Pro 9.13.0 Native-Help Please-Using Multiple (3+) *COMPLEX* Reference Selectors for same entity with different keys

Modifying Question as I've tried for days to get this to work for days. I finally was able to get this to work for two (2) reference selectors, but now I'm getting this error trying to add a third:Entity paths with multiple steps cannot be used on pages that are accessible through a native profile. Now I will probably spend more weeks trying to figure out how to work around this. Low-Code/No-Code/Citizen Developer/Rapid Development?  My (insert word). Industry Standard is a relational database should be able to have access to any join level (within reason). i.e. IBM DB2 allows for 16 joins, Oracle allows for 16 joins It should not matter whether the app is responsive or mobile/native. Modifying Question as I've tried for days to get this to work for days. I think this would be very challenging even for an expert. Scenario: Object A *->1 Object B Reference Selector 1 (Object B-4th Key Selection 56) using Xpath where 1st Key=12 and 2nd Key=34 Reference Selector 2 (Object B-4th Key Secection 78) using Xpath where 5th Key=Concatenation(1st Key+2nd Key+4th Key from Reference Selector 1) Reference Selector 3 (Object B-4th Key Secection 93) using Xpath where 5th Key=Concatenation(1st Key+2nd Key+4th Key from Reference Selector 2)  Reference Selector 4 (Object B-4th Key Secection 77) using Xpath where 5th Key=Concatenation(1st Key+2nd Key+4th Key from Reference Selector 3) . . . Update ***Object C*** with 1st Key, 2nd Key, AND ***3rd Key*** each having their own Entity Note:3rd Key was not used in the Reference Selector, it is a relative Entity based on the Selection What is the easiest way to accomplish this for Native and could someone give detailed instructions? The biggest issues I've had is trying to GET THE 4th key in the XPATH using CONCATENATION. I have attempted to also try and use contains(Entity,$Object/Entity)-not a perferfect solution attempt. I think either I have a domain assocation problem (missing something-reference back/same) AND/OR usage of Concatenation in Xpath or something else. If Concatenation in Xpath isn't possible how do I get the Xpath to use a Variable that can access the Keys and Concatenate them. ----------------------------------------------------- The following standard XPATH concatenate functions does not work x=y where y is A+B A||B concat(a,b) concatenate(a,b) Is it not possible in Mendix?  Could anyone provide an example of x=?????????
asked
2 answers

Just an observation, but you may get a better quality response if you post a screen shot of your domain model. Also to echo Eric’s comment , please describe the business problem you are trying to solve. There may be another way to model it that is better suited to Mendix’s capabilities.

I think the error you are getting is because you are doing the retrieve in a nanoflow. Nanoflow’s do not yet have all the capabilities of Microflows, which is frustrating, but that’s where we are. The nanoflows are running against the database on your device, not vs. the database on the server. That imposes some limitations.  

Have you tried performing your retrieve in a microflow instead? If you are naturally happier with SQL, then you may even want to run it as an OQL query so you can freely join as deeply as you want.

Once your microflow works, you can call it from your nanoflow – there are restrictions on how you do that, but we can address those once your query is running.

answered
  1. you don't have to use any function like concat(a,b) or concatenate(a,b)  if both variable are string  just add them like stringA + stringB
  2. if any variable is a int or any other use toString() function like  toString(intA) + stringB
  3. for || and && operators you can directly use “or“ and “and ”.
  4. you cannot set a value to a variable using “=” sign here it is used to compare only change object or Chage variable before the activity to really change a variable

answered