Studio Pro 9.13.0 Native-How to edit/mask uneditable Text Input Box Entity Retrieval Results

A string is being stored as: 12 34 ABCDEFGHIJKL How can I show to the user only the “ABCDEFGHIJKL” portion of the element? (Like using a mask which is not available to “Native”)   Scenario: 5 Reference Selectors (Can’t change the relationship to many to many) When user makes selection, do not want value to disappear when ref sel 2-5 is changed.   Ya I know, I must have goofed at the database design level but the train is so far down the track that if I try to change the relationship everything goes fooee.
asked
2 answers

https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/modules/community-commons-function-library/#49-stringutils

Community commons has a string split function, which returns a list of strings based on a regex.

For example, if you where to split your string using a space as a delimiter, you would get a list with :

ABCDEFGHIJKL

Maybe this can help you in showing the correct portion of your string? (depends if the portion you wish to show is always the third element in the resulting list,..)

answered

A different approach might be: 

find(12 34 ABCDEFGHIJKL, ‘[a-z]’) which will return a position in an integer.

Do the same with findlast(12 34 ABCDEFGHIJKL, ‘[a-z]’) and then substring the value in between. You might wanna use capital letters instead of lowercase (or just use the tolowercase function first)

Hope this helps!

answered