Radio buttons with enumeration to filter a list view

Hi, I’m new to the Mendix platform. I’ve runned to the first learning paths and now I want to try to make a first personal app but immediately I run into some problems where I hope someone of you can help me with. I show the records from some entity in a list view. I want to put a radio button above that list view so the user can choose what records he/she wants to see. For the moment only 2 possibilities to choose from but that will extent to max 4 choises. I thought to work with a Enumeration for the possible choises but I can’t seem to connect that enumeration to the radio buttons? It looks like I can only do that if that radio button is mapped to a field of the entity that I use in that list view that has that enumeration-type. Or I’m I wrong here? In my case I will not use that enumeration (and so also that radio button) to assign a value to a attribuut of an entity but I will just use it to make some kind of filtering of the data displayed in that listview. How can I do that the Mendix way? Also, when I change the value of that radio button: how can I refresh the data in that list view? I can make a microflow that sets a variable with the value of the radio button, close the page and reopen the page (I guess) but I do not think that this is the correct approch. Can someone give me some hints so I can continiue my journey in Mendix? 
asked
1 answers

Hi Den,

It is highly recommended to use the standard Mendix search options for this purpose. So if there is no very specific reason why you would not use the standard Search functionality, I would recommend the standard search option. The search options can be set in properties pane of your listview. 

Good luck with it.

answered