What 2.4.3 feature do you like the most?

Mendix 2.4.3 has been released! See the release notes for an overview of the changes. You can download 2.4.3 from our Partner Portal. What change / feature / improvement do you like the most?
asked
14 answers

Internet Explorer 8 is now officially supported. :-)

answered

Micro flows usable as menu items. Very elegant and simple addition that gives a lot of new possibilities. For example, you can now very easily create a "My account" menu option that opens the correct data view directly, instead of first showing a data grid with one object in it.

The performance improvements of this version are very noticeable in most of our applications, especially when using a lot of tab pages.

answered

The possibility to let menu items point to microflows in addition to forms.

answered

SAVE AND CONTINUE when you click deploy and run!

Instead of the error "Please save or discard all modifications to opened documents first." which you could only answer with Ok. Then you had to save all changes either via a click or with Ctrl+Shift+S and then click Deploy and Run again. Now you have the option to "Save and continue" when deploying with unsaved changes!

So, fewer clicks is better!

answered

I particularly like the microflow features: Close Form, Rollback and using a microflow as menu item.

I was already using this functionality, but it was difficult to implement before 2.4.3. The microflow-menuitem could only be solved by creating a custom widget with a microflow action trigger written in javascript, which I could not fix myself. The Close Form and Rollback Object were also possible to do, but It needed a bunch of custom Java actions with about one line of relevant code each.

The current way of using all of this is far more convenient for e.g. creating more advanced save/cancel/new behaviour.

answered

I like the fact that the Modeler remembers the position and size of the window and the dockable windows!

answered

REAL SELECT ALL!

Selecting all objects on all pages in a datagrid; excluding certain objects is also possible. Very nice...

answered

The salted variant of SHA265 (SSHA, SSHA256). Finally!!!

answered

Blocking progress bar is also very handy!

answered

Full support of the Oracle 10.2 DBMS!

Many customers like this feature and it's a big step forward in Mendix' continuous commitment towards supporting mainstream database servers.

answered

Also nice: three new properties added to the textarea:

• Max length: maximum number of characters that can be entered in the text area.
  • Counter message: the text displayed when typing in the textarea in the client (nothing is showed if empty). You can use {1} to refer to the number of characters already typed and {2} to refer to the maximum numbers of characters.
  • Text too long message: the text displayed when the text is too long and the textarea doesn't have the focus (if it has focus the counter message is shown).
answered

What do you think of the performance improvements? Anyone seeing differences with the previous versions?

Especially in Internet Explorer 6 or on slow internet connections (i.e. high latency) you should be able to see the difference!

answered

Trigger the red validation rules by a microflow!

answered

The combination of all the new possibilities with Mendix; I have added the Email module to my project to sent notifications (which already have rich text and dynamic mircoflow) and added the deeplink module to it. Perfect.

The down-part is that I am working to get my project to work in 2.5 and I keep on playing with the new possibilities.

answered