Hybrid mobile app demo not working

Trying to run my mobile app locally using the hybrid mobile app option. Its not working. The error message isn't very obvious as to what the exact problem is. "The application could not be loaded from the given location. The location is not a mendix application." It is a mendix application? Admin port on the modeler is open to other machines. The smartphone is connected to the same wifi as the machine I am running the modeller off of (a guest wifi in our office). Help!
asked
2 answers

Hi, often in public or guest networks devices on the same network are not allowed to 'see' each other. Try using another accesspoint or tethering through a mobile device

Edit: As Achiel suggested, can you access the page using the smartphone browser? Maybe also the Mifi device does not allow devices to connect with each other.

For demo's I often connect my laptop and my iPhone to the iPhone of a colleague. In this situation my devices connect to the other iPhone, which provides the internet access by tethering. Scanning the QR code in the Mendix Developer app works just fine then. You really need two phones for this to work: One has internet access through 3G/4G and shares this connection using WiFi. The other phone and the laptop connect to that first phone. Hope this makes sense....

answered

It was an internal firewall issue.

answered