Working on two different ports in the same browser Im logged out as a MxAdmin user?

I have two different applications running, on two different ports, on two different databases. When, in Firefox, I log in as MxAdmin in both applications one of the sessions is ended? Why is that?
asked
4 answers

There is a problem with sessions and tabbed browsing in Firefox. Per window (with several tabs) Firefox can only keep track of one cookie per URL. There are two workarounds:

1. Use a different address to reach the applications: 127.0.0.1 and localhost. They refer to the same ip-address but apparently the match is made textually.
  2. Use two different windows instead of two tabs.

Hope this helps.

answered

Use a different address to reach the applications: 127.0.0.1 and localhost. They refer to the same ip-address but apparently the match is made textually

This seems to be working. Thanks

answered

Good question. I assume it is because the browser can only keep track of one Mendix session. Does it also happen when you use two different browsers (Firefox and IE for example)?

answered

It seems that working in two different browsers prevents the problem. But what should I do when I would like to run more than 2 applications? Would using a different username with a MxAdmin userrole solve the problem?

answered