Updating model in IIS setup

I hope that someone can help me out here. stop service on productionmachine stop IIS ?? copy the Model and Web folders from development machine over the existing structure (replacing existing files "yes to all") make sure the "rights" are still ok on the folderstructure run console, check for messages assuming the application starts from console refresh, then restart IIS (re)start service keep fingers crossed and check if you can find the application online I must be doing something wrong, as I am gettin the messages below when executing step 7) Event code: 3005 Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. Event time: 9/7/2010 10:24:27 AM Event time (UTC): 9/7/2010 8:24:27 AM Event ID: d97dace21e1741c1944855084e996bd1 Event sequence: 132 Event occurrence: 11 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1402262563/Root-2-129283198287656250 Trust level: Full Application Virtual Path: / Application Path: D:\ServerData\LDFZ\Application\web\ Machine name: AS01 Process information: Process ID: 628 Process name: w3wp.exe Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE Exception information: Exception type: SocketException Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8083 Request information: Request URL: http://fpa.efp.nl/xas/ Request path: /xas/ User host address: 172.17.5.2 User: Is authenticated: False Authentication Type: Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE Thread information: Thread ID: 15 Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE Is impersonating: False Stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
asked
3 answers

Maybe you should restart the application pool in IIS.

answered

IIS stores your configuration in the public folder, in the mendix this is the web folder. Did you remove the complete web folder before copying the new version of your web folder to the server? If that is the case then you removed your IIS config as well and you need to reconfigure IIS.

answered

I redid the entire deployment part for IIS (stopped the original IIS entry and added a new one) Next message is

Service cannot be started. The handle is invalid

when trying to start the service

All through this the application stays accesable when I strat through console.......

answered