Error in generate random password java actio

Hi Reader,   I have used a random password generator present in the Mendix SSO folder. I want 12 digit password, for that, I have given the input as 12 in the parameter required in java action but it is giving the following error:     com.mendix.webui.WebUIException: Exception while executing runtime operation     at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.RuntimeOperationAction.$anonfun$apply$1(RuntimeOperationAction.scala:56) Caused by: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Min. Length should be at least sum of (CAPS, DIGITS, SPL CHARS) Length!     at MyFirstModule.Microflow_2 (JavaAction : 'GenerateRandomPassword') Advanced stacktrace:     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowUtil.processException(MicroflowUtil.java:83) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Min. Length should be at least sum of (CAPS, DIGITS, SPL CHARS) Length!     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.scala:108) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Min. Length should be at least sum of (CAPS, DIGITS, SPL CHARS) Length!      
asked
2 answers

“Min. Length should be at least sum of (CAPS, DIGITS, SPL CHARS) Length! “ is a proper hint.

You can define how many capitalised characters, digits and special characters should be in the generated string trough the parameters of the java action.

Otherwise try updating the mendix SSO module.

answered

Hello Harshraj Singh,

You have to provide an integer value for the Java Action. I had a scroll through the code and it seems like it has to be at least 22 characters long.

The Java Action has some hardcoded values:

1. Number of capital characters: 7
  2. Number of digits: 9
  3. Number of special characters: 6

Since your error code states that the min. length should be at least the sum of these, it should at least be provided with 22 as input.

Hopefully this answers your question.

answered