java.io.EOFException

when I am trying to print some data through my java action code on my local machine , it is working well while during deployment on server after making copy of model and web folder from my local deployment folder to the application folder in the application root of the server it throws the following exception, Does that's mean I am missing some jars? Note:when I did the deployment, the mendix service consol tells me cant find part of path ...\application\model\lib\userlib so i added my userlib myself at that location although it is not mentioned in the documentation ( com.mendix.core.CoreException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: java.io.EOFException at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:190) at gL.a(SourceFile:63) at kn.a(SourceFile:66) at eA.executeAction(SourceFile:95) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:49) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:417) at hU.b(SourceFile:156) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:183) at dm.execute(SourceFile:183) at iU.a(SourceFile:275) at iU.a(SourceFile:210) at iU.processRequest(SourceFile:166) at fm.a(SourceFile:75) at com.mendix.core.MxRuntime.processRequest(SourceFile:880) at com.mendix.m2ee.server.handler.RuntimeHandler.handle(RuntimeHandler.java:38) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:334) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:559) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:1007) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:406) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:462) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) )
asked
3 answers

Hi Mohammed, we developed a JasperReports integration that we will upload in the app store soon. Maybe this will help?

answered

I see that you use Jasper Reports. Which version of mendix are you using. Be aware that this error is possibly caused by use of wrong libraries and/or the location of the userlib folder is not found.

Edit, when you use the 1.0.0.0 version of the service console, try to place the files in the userlib folder, in the lib folder. So copy all files within the userlib folder, and paste them in the folder Application\model\lib. If this doesn't solve the problem, then you're encountering issues with the java libraries. It could be that Mendix uses the same libraries as you for Jasper Reports, but an older version. And mendix prioritize it own libraries first and the user libraries.

We have solved it earlier by adding the following JVM parameters: -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl This can be done @ your project settings, tabpage server and then in the field Extra JVM Parameters. For deployment on a server you can fill this field in the service console. Look at my example and replace it with the right libary name. You can find this by opening the library by winzip and in 1 of the files you will see the library name. Hope this helps.

answered

I use mendix verion 2.5.0 rc2. I already find the files of my user lib inside the folder but I made override for them again and you are right about that itext-2.0.6.jar and I replaced it with the newer version iText-2.1.7.jar so thats why it's working locally but still the issue on the server only

answered