sandbox internal error - Maximum number of users was exceeded, this license allows 10 users for limitation type NAMED

Hi, Doing some tests in a sandbox app and after adding some test users (7 local, 2 mendix useraccounts part of the project team). We encounter an error and we do not get a login form anymore. Since we do not get a login form, I cannot access the application and (if this would be the cause) remove a user account. How to continue? Can I delete a sandbox environment (or start over with a emptied database) without having to delete the full project (since I do want to continue testing and keep my version history)? Or is there any other way to resolve issue like this? Thanks. EDIT: Using a startup flow that deletes a number of user accounts enabled me to access the application again. Thanks all for your assistance. The log entries: 9:40:08 AM APP INFO Apr 01, 2016 7:40:08 AM org.openid4java.consumer.ConsumerManager verifySignature 9:40:08 AM APP INFO Verification succeeded for: https://mxid2.mendixcloud.com/mxid2/id?id=491cfa50-11de-47e5-bd6b-d0ecdef42f64 9:40:09 AM APP WARNING OpenID: Failed to update user roles for 'https://mxid2.mendixcloud.com/mxid2/id?id=491cfa50-11de-47e5-bd6b-d0ecdef42f64', permissions for this user might be outdated 9:40:09 AM APP WARNING OpenID: com.mendix.core.CoreException: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.util.license.LicenseRuntimeException: Maximum number of users was exceeded, this license allows 10 users for limitation type 'NAMED' 9:40:09 AM APP INFO at AppCloudServices.InvokeOnNonFirstLoginAppCloudUser (Change : 'Change 'User' ') 9:40:09 AM APP INFO Advanced stacktrace: 9:40:09 AM APP INFO at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:352) 9:40:09 AM APP INFO Caused by: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.util.license.LicenseRuntimeException: Maximum number of users was exceeded, this license allows 10 users for limitation type 'NAMED'
asked
3 answers

Can you create a startup flow that deletes all the users from the database? :-)

And create a before commit microflow for the account entity so you can give a error when you exceed the 9 users.

This to avoid the mendix bug.

answered

Coincidentally, I just ran into the exact same issue and Cillus' response is the correct answer. An after start-up microflow that deletes some users to bring the total under 10 again will allow you to regain access to the application.

This is, of course, terrible functionality if intended and a pretty bad bug if not. Surely Mendix does not intend for applications, sandbox or no, to simply crash and become unusable as soon as an 11th user is added on a 10 user license?

Adding the 11th user should simply be prevented, along with an appropriate notification.

answered

This is indeed an inconvenient bug. A fix for this will be released next week in 6.4. We will also back port the fix to 5.21.x.

answered