show validation messages before opening form

I have the following problem: I have a form which contains one field set to required in the domain model via validation rules and 3 other fields that are referenceSelectors set to required within the form. I want to allow the customer to create an object via first form and attach necessary objects via the second form to make it look like it is one single process split into two steps: create parent object and step2 create and append child objects. In order to achieve this I have created a custom save button with a microflow that opens a second form representing step2. I have tried activity 'change object' with commit trigger events and closing current form before opening the next form but nothing seems to trigger the validation set on the form fields the validation set in the domain model is triggered correctly before the second form opens. Is this a bug?
asked
3 answers

Karol i think i understand what you want. What you could do is do a retrieve in your microflow to retrieve the association object. Then check whether it is empty, if it is then show a validation message and if it isn't empty open up the form. Is this what you want?

answered

create on change microflow on the required fields, which triggers the conditionally visibility of fields (use an attribute without commit). You than have to create to fields with buttons (one when the required fields are correctly filled and one not)

answered

Now ... is it possible to see the required messages before the new form opens?

please clearify, where do you want to see the 'required' message if not in the form?

answered