First app log-in issue

Hi all, I am working on my very first Mendix application and I want to publish it. I added app security and now I want to log-in with my admin credentials. I copy them directly from here: Then I find my app URL here: I also tried to invite users and invite myself on a different email adress but then it returns: • my.name@gmail.com is not a valid format. Please try again with a valid email address.     And finally I try to log-in on the app URL, but I get an error: Since I copy and paste the password (3 times) i'm pretty sure the password is correct.    I am not sure what I am doing wrong, can anyone help me along?   Edit: added this screenshot  
asked
2 answers

Hi Jeroen,

What you should do is create an AfterStartUp microflow in which you do a “find or create” for the user. If you create the user, make sure to add a role or you won’t be able to use the user.

After succesfully logging in with this user, you can remove this functionality from the AfterStartup.

EDIT:

Hi Jeroen, here is an simple example:

answered

Hi Jeroen,

I understand the confusion. However, the administrator password in the app security only applies when running locally. Then, during start-up a user is (re)created for the admin.

In other environments, in the free sandbox as well as in other deployments, you need to create the administrator user differently. On licensed nodes, there are tools provided, but in the sandbox environment, you need to take care of it yourself.

This can be done by creating a user and assigning the userrole in microflow which is configured to run in the AfterStartup. I use a flow like this:

answered