Generating E-mail

Hi ! I’m in development of particular website..I almost done with everything..the last step is generating E-mail..so when all informations are filled , a button must be there which generates pdf of informations and E-mail to the pre-given mail id..the mail doesnt need to be much complicated it should some simple message as “ Received all your Informations..Thank you”..I refered some documents but I’m not getting as per my requirement , can you please help  me out to generate the e-mail by step by step instructions with microflows..Thankyou !!
asked
2 answers

Hi,

refer the below doc for sending the email

https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/connectors/email-connector/

use the SendEmail Java action to send emails.

answered

To achieve this, you can follow these step-by-step instructions:

Step 1: Generate PDF

1. Install a PDF generation library: You'll need a library to generate PDFs from the information on your website. One popular choice is jspdf.

2. Include the library: Include the necessary JavaScript libraries in your HTML file using <script> tags.

3. Create a function to generate PDF: Write a JavaScript function that captures the information from your form fields and uses jspdf to create a PDF. Here's a simplified example:

function generatePDF() {
    const pdf = new jsPDF();
    const formData = getFormData(); // Implement a function to get form data

// Add content to the PDF
    pdf.text(20, 20, "Form Information:");
    let y = 30;
    for (const field in formData) {
        pdf.text(20, y, `${field}: ${formData[field]}`);
        y += 10;
    }

// Save the PDF
    pdf.save("form_data.pdf");
}

Step 2: Send Email

1. Install a server-side email library: For sending emails, you'll need a server-side library. If you're using a server-side language like Node.js, you can use libraries like nodemailer.

2. Configure your email service: Set up the email service provider's credentials in your code to send emails. You'll need the SMTP server settings.

3. Write a function to send email: Create a server-side function that sends an email with the PDF attached. Here's an example using Node.js and nodemailer:

const nodemailer = require('nodemailer');

function sendEmail() {
    const transporter = nodemailer.createTransport({
        service: 'your_email_service',
        auth: {
            user: 'your_email@example.com',
            pass: 'your_email_password'
        }
    });

const mailOptions = {
        to: 'pre_given_email@example.com',
        subject: 'Form Submission',
        text: 'Received all your information. Thank you!',
        attachments: [
            {
                filename: 'form_data.pdf',
                path: '/path/to/your/generated/form_data.pdf'
            }
        ]
    };

transporter.sendMail(mailOptions, (error, info) => {
        if (error) {
            console.log('Error:', error);
        } else {
            console.log('Email sent:', info.response);
        }
    });
}

Step 3: Integrate with your website

1. Add a button: In your HTML form, add a button that calls the generatePDF function when clicked.

<button onclick="generatePDF()">Generate PDF and Send</button>

Call the email function: After generating the PDF, call the sendEmail function to send the email with the PDF attachment.

generatePDF(); // Call this after generating the PDF
sendEmail(); // Call this to send the email

Please note that this is a simplified example to guide you through the process. You might need to adapt and expand the code according to your specific technologies and requirements. Additionally, security measures like validating user input and securing email credentials should be implemented. Though I have followed the same steps for my website as well so you can try it.

answered