How do I save column filter values for association attributes in Data Grid 2?

Hey everyone,   so I implemented a Data Grid 2 widget and the possibility to save the filtered values. I use the filter widgets in the columns and it’s working, at least for Enmus, Strings and Dates. Unfortunately it doesn’t work with attributes from associated objects.  If I reload the page, the filter widget for the assocaited attributes is empty again. Do you know why and how I can make it working? Because for the user it’s just another column where he wants his filter values to be saved, he/she doesn’t know if it’s an associated attribute or not.   Thanks in advance! :)
asked
2 answers

I have found a workaround.  Since saving the value doesn't work across associations, i created a stored attribute that gets the name of the associated entity before commit.  An before commit event handler calculates the value of the attribute.  I use that attribute in the column and filter on it with a text filter.  Then use the configuration to set the default and saved attribute.  It work for my needs.

answered

I am facing the same issue.  I have drop down filters based on associations to other objects and want to have a multi-select filter on those associations.  The filter values do not save even though I have configured the saved attribute and default value in the configuration for the filter widget.

answered