Windows Service Configuration

During defining the Windows service via the Service Configuration pane I have read the following in the documentation "If the button 'Install Service' remains clickable, an error must have occurred during installation. In the folder of the Mendix Service Console you can view the file InstallUtil.InstallLog to see the cause." and I cant find that file to know the reason of error because it is still clickable.
asked
4 answers

When the file 'InstallUtil.InstallLog' cannot be found in the Mendix Service Console folder, maybe the Microsoft .NET service installer is located at a non-default location or there are other non-default settings.

However, it is possible to manually install the Mendix service. Please search your server file system for the file 'InstallUtil.exe'. Mostly this executable is located at: 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\' or 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\'.

Start your Command Prompt as Administrator and navigate to the folder of the Mendix Service Console. Execute the following command:

[Full path to InstallUtil]\InstallUtil.exe MendixService.exe

For example at my computer I have a have a command prompt with the following prompt text: D:\CustomerPortal\Mendix\Service>

After this prompt, I type my installation command: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe MendixService.exe

Now you install the service or you can see any errors while installing the service.

answered

If the install service button remains visible, that means you didn't install the service properly. So when you click that button, windows prompts a window which is asking to run with limited access (or something like that). You have to uncheck the checkbox and then it will install properly. So I don't think there is any problem with the .net version, otherwise starting the console would be the problem.

answered

Yes, the are some things that can be improved in the service console. When installing the service fails for some reason it is at this moment impossible to find the cause of this failure easily.

In my experience the most common cause of problems during the installation is in the selection of the role of the service. Do you want to start the service as a specific user? Then first try to install the service as local service, this is the default setting and should give the least problems.
You know you are using the wrong credentials.

answered

After choosing the account Local Service and writing the username and password of the current loggedin user and pressing the install service button It shows me the pop up message to choose which account to use and I chose the current account and unchecked the check box of (protect the computer and data from unauthorized program activity) and it shows alert message says 1% is not valid win32 application

answered