Excel Importer error message

I have an app that has been updating an excel file and uploading it frequently for over a year now. I haven’t updated the app in a while and the users are just copying and pasting values in the same file. Nothing has changed, but now we get the following error when trying to run an import   ExcelXLSReader: Excel Importer could not import any rows. Please check if the template is configured correctly. If the file was not created with Microsoft Excel for desktop, try opening the file with Excel and saving it with the same name before importing.   I tried upgrading to the newest version of Excel Importer (including mx reflection). Nothing.  I don’t see any duplicate files in my userlib.   When I create a blank Excel file from scratch and copy the values from the old workbook, it works fine. However this is NOT an acceptable workaround. The other workbook has other working tabs and I can’t just tell a bunch of Vice Presidents to add an extra step every time they want to import the data now.    Any ideas? Here’s an expanded chunk of my log\   10:04:24 AMAPPINFOExcelXLSReader: Starting XLS import Template: 3 - DELIVERY 10:04:25 AMAPPINFOExcelImporter: Statistics - FINAL statistics, Objects of type 'BPModule.TEMPProjectDelivery' 10:04:25 AMAPPCreated: 0 10:04:25 AMAPPat com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.scala:167) 10:04:25 AMAPPSynchronized: 0 10:04:25 AMAPPNot found: 0 10:04:25 AMAPPSkipped: 0 10:04:25 AMAPPWARNINGExcelXLSReader: Excel Importer could not import any rows. Please check if the template is configured correctly. If the file was not created with Microsoft Excel for desktop, try opening the file with Excel and saving it with the same name before importing. 10:04:25 AMAPPOct 04, 2023 2:04:25 PM com.amazonaws.services.s3.internal.S3AbortableInputStream close 10:04:25 AMAPPWARNINGNot all bytes were read from the S3ObjectInputStream, aborting HTTP connection. This is likely an error and may result in sub-optimal behavior. Request only the bytes you need via a ranged GET or drain the input stream after use. 10:04:25 AMAPPException in thread "pool-4-thread-3" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: Factory 10:04:25 AMAPPat org.apache.poi.xssf.model.ThemesTable.readFrom(ThemesTable.java:119) 10:04:25 AMAPPat org.apache.poi.xssf.model.ThemesTable.<init>(ThemesTable.java:87) 10:04:25 AMAPPat org.apache.poi.ooxml.POIXMLFactory.createDocumentPart(POIXMLFactory.java:61) 10:04:25 AMAPPat org.apache.poi.ooxml.POIXMLDocumentPart.read(POIXMLDocumentPart.java:661) 10:04:25 AMAPPat org.apache.poi.ooxml.POIXMLDocument.load(POIXMLDocument.java:165) 10:04:25 AMAPPat org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.<init>(XSSFWorkbook.java:259) 10:04:25 AMAPPat org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbookFactory.createWorkbook(XSSFWorkbookFactory.java:118) 10:04:25 AMAPPCRITICALActionManager: Error in execution of monitored action '{"name":"ExcelImporter.IVK_ImportTemplateDocument","type":"Microflow"}' (execution id: b6b38644-d51c-4959-ae39-29e24ece7e23, execution type: CLIENT_ASYNC_MONITORED) 10:04:25 AMAPPCRITICALActionManager: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: Factory
asked
2 answers

Brian,

A couple of questions:

• Did you upgrade the app to a newer version of Mendix recently?
  • Do you think any of the users could have opened and saved the Excel file on a Mac recently?

Mike

answered

Hi Brian,

I thought the excel file maybe not saved on Microsoft Excel, Solution for this issue by open the excel with Microsoft Excel and Save.

Peer

answered