Data grid that shows a specific user name information

Dear community, I need your help I have a data grid and I want its records to be shown to clients depending on which client the record was added to, for example: My client's user is Tropical, and an attribute of the entity is client and its value is Tropical, I want Tropical to see only Tropical's data.
asked
18 answers

Hi Cristhian,

Could you kindly provide an example of the domain model that you have? that way we can replicate your scenario and help you properly.

Best regards!

answered

Hi, Oswaldo, yes, of course:

This is my dom,ain model:

Core is my main entity and Cliente is another entity both are related:

I have a gata grid that shows records in core:

I’ve created a user called Frutadeli, so, when Frutadeli logs in it must only see Frutadeli’s information in the data grid.

How can I solve this?

answered

Hi and OK, so if I understood correctly, this is something similar to what you currently have:

In that case, I would suggest that you use a microflow to retrieve the current user information (where Client attribute is assigned to your user entity) outside of the Data Grid:

And then set the data source of the data grid to an XPath similar like this:

That way you can compare the current user’s Client with the Core’s Client (record’s Client).

I hope that solves your question, best regards!

answered

Hi and OK, so if I understood correctly, this is something similar to what you currently have:

In that case, I would suggest that you use a microflow to retrieve the current user information (where Client attribute is assigned to the user) outside of the Data Grid:

And then set the data source of the data grid to an XPath similar like this:

That way you can compare the current user’s Client with the Core’s Client (record’s Client).

I hope that solves your question, best regards!

answered

Oswaldo, you only forgot to show me the microflow

answered

Hi Cristhian, here’s what the microflow looks like:

In my scenario I have this entity for the User, where the generalization is the Administration.Account, this is where I have the Client attribute for the user. In your case in may be different:

I hope that helps!

answered

I’m not using Users entity, i’m using this:

answered

You can use the XPath parameter '[%CurrentUser%]' to access the current user. Example:

[Module.Core_Client/Module.Client/Module.Client_User = '[%CurrentUser%]']

If “Client” has an Association with the Entity “User” from MX. 

This way you won’t need a dataview to retrieve the currentUser logged in your system.

answered

The entity Account uses the generalization of the Entity User, so you can use the following XPath instead.

[Module.Core_Client/Module.Client/Module.Client_Account = '[%CurrentUser%]']

answered

I have this other domain model, here I’m handling the users:

answered

You can use this XPath:

[“CoreModule”.Core_Cliente/”CoreModule”.Cliente/”AccountModule”.Cuenta_Cliente/”AccountModule”.Cuenta  = '[%CurrentUser%]']

Replace “CoreModule” and “AccountModule” with the respective names

answered

Ok, you’re using the entity “Cuenta” with the generalization of the entity “Admin.Account” which uses the generalization of the entity “System.User”

So you can use something like this:

[CoreModule.Core_Client/CoreModule.Client/AccountModule.Cuenta_Cliente= '[%CurrentUser%]']

answered

Ok, you’re using the entity “Cuenta” with the generalization of the entity “Admin.Account” which uses the generalization of the entity “System.User”

So you can use something like this:

[CoreModule.Core_Client/CoreModule.Client/AccountModule.Cuenta_Cliente= '[%CurrentUser%]']

answered

Raique, is not working :

answered

is not working:

answered

[Trust_SEC.Core_Cliente/Trust_SEC.Cliente/TrustApp_Cuenta.Cuenta_Cliente = '[%CurrentUser%]'] 

This might work

answered

Raique, look, this is the escenario:

This is the first domain model in Trust_SEC module:

then, I have another domain model in Trust_APP module:

In this domain model I have the following associations:

How does the path look like?

answered

And, I’m having this error:

answered

Hello

To show records in a data grid based on the client associated with each record:

1. Set up a database field to store client information.
  2. Implement user authentication.
  3. When a user logs in, retrieve their client identity.
  4. Query the database to fetch records matching the client's identity.
  5. Display these filtered records in the data grid.

Check https://forum.mendix.com/p/community/Mulesoft Course

Ensure robust security measures to prevent unauthorized access to other clients' data.

Thank you.

answered