how to add Filter for Retired Applications during Search and Sort on the Home Page

hello, Expert's,   I need your help to achieve my acceptance criteria  below I have mentioned all the details of my requirements -   In addition to the search feature on the main screen, users would also like to see details information about retired applications.   As a user of the  IT applications on the home page, I want to have the ability to filter out retired applications from search and sorting results, So that I can focus on active applications and improve the relevance of search and sort operations.   we have list of applications in that we want to filter based on status  Active or retired   Filter Option: On the home page, there should be a filter option labeled "Retired Applications." The filter should have an "Active" and "Retired" option. Default Filter State: The default filter state should be set to "Active" to display only active applications when I first access the home page. Filter Persistence: My chosen filter state (active or retired) should be persistent, meaning it should be remembered and applied the next time I visit the home page. Immediate Application Update: When I toggle the filter to "Retired," the list of applications should immediately update to display only retired applications. Combined with Sorting and Searching: The filter for retired applications should work in conjunction with sorting and searching functionalities. For example, if I sort applications by name in ascending order and then apply the "Retired" filter, only retired applications should be displayed in alphabetical order. Visual Indication: The current filter state ("Active" or "Retired") should be visually indicated on the user interface, ensuring clarity.   Thanks in Advance  
asked
2 answers

You could work with an entity to store the search criteria. Create a 1-1 association with the user, so it will keep the previous settings even when you log out. (when a user logs in or goes to the home page, make sure to check if the associated object exists, otherwise create it)

This Search object should be the main parameter for your home page (in a dataview). Within the dataview you will add the Status field and you can add a list view (or you can look at other options to display lists) that fetches the applications based on an xpath. The xpath should be something like  [Status = $SearchObject/Status]. Where SearchObject is the page parameter.

When you switch the Search status in you 1) save the SearchObject (because then it will be perstent for the next session as well) and you refresh the client. This will then either display the Active or Retired applications based on your selection. Search features of the ListView will continue to work within the context of the xpath.

Hope this helps.

answered

image.png

Example of the domain model. The application and the search entity use the same status enum. You need an association to account or user to rertieve/create the personal search entity.

When you navigate to the search page, you will have to make sure there is a search object. This can be achieved via a microflow

image.png

The SearchEntity page has a dataview for your searchentity object and the list view for applications is using the SearchEntity status value to filter

image.png

With the following result

image.png

image.png

image.png

answered